Brian welcomed members to the meeting. The focus of the meeting was the talk by Betty on Wheel Chair basketball.
Chris Boddington, Bill Wessell, Rob Edwards, Peter Rixon, Ian Wilson, Yusuf Khalfan,, Elaine de Vries, Robyn Fanning
- The club member survey closed at 5 pm April 27. Members encouraged to complete.
- Working with children. To date only 3 responses. Isla will send out a reminder
- Swing into wings.
- To date 202 paying guests. Meeting at HARS planned for 3pm Tues May 1
- Help need on Saturday to set up
- Changeover dinner
- Governor and Governor elect have accepted
- Club awards coming up. Start thinking about this. Best Club Member, Community, PHF
- Reminder about Corrimal Trivia (See calendar for details). Carol is organising a table
Speaker – Betty Hassen – When Wheels are made for working
The club was asked to provide feedback on Betty’s talk and her quest to support young basketballers with a physical disability
An outcome of the talk was that Ramsey Health (Through Paul) donated $4500 towards new wheel chairs! Betty was VERY surprised and shocked by the generosity of the gesture.
Raffle winner – Wyn (bottle of wine)