Race Day Wash up
The meeting was held at Elaine and Peter De Vries home and seven Rotarians plus two non Rotarians were present. It was reported that we have raised an estimated $18,000 which is a success. Discussion topics were:
- Sponsorship, we had fewer sponsors this year. Hard to pin point a reason as to why we had fewer sponsors. Those present were supportive of a Race Day for 2017. One consensus agreement for next year is to maintain our current sponsors and find out why previous sponsors did not support this year’s race day.
- Who we fundraised for, it was considered important to have a better representation of who we are fundraising for. It was also considered by those present that we appear to focus on Rotary programs and this maybe a detractor.
- Prizes, there were good quality prizes and the $10 and $20 prizes were the best sellers. The live auction did not work as well as it should.
- Crowd control, it is hard to get patrons attention due to the noise of people enjoying the Race Day as an event. Many of the Race Day activities for fundraising activities were missed by people due to noise.
Thank you to all who turned up to the Race Day Wash up.
Apologies for last Fridays Meeting.
Di North, Tony McAdam, Chris Boddington, Bill Wessel, Isla Bowen, Michael Yabsley, Bernie McNamara, Stephen Swan, Janice Pettitt Gray, John Bilboe
Well done to Peter Hill and the team at Figtree, over $300, great effort last Saturday.
- AGM, Friday 9th December at the Novotel, Admiralty Room starting at 7:15am
- Club Christmas Party at the Rixon’s Friday 9th December at 6:30pm,
- Family Christmas Party 16th December at the Novotel, Admiralty Room starting at 7:15am. Bring a present for the Christmas tree appeal. This will be our last meeting for 2016.
- President Elects BBQ, our first event for 2017. More details to follow.
- District Conference, 10th, 11th and 12th March 2017, please book before 31st December 2016.