membership committee meeting Tue 6/9/2016

image_pdfimage_print

Here are my notes from the meeting.

present: Rowan, peters rixon & hill, Michael Yabsley + Michaels bottle of red (gone by the end of the meeting.)

COST OF MEMBERSHIP

Rowan and Peter to talk to Elaine

Rowan to find out other clubs fees for comparison

CLARIFYING THE MESSAGE / FOCUS

 

We need a clear message about what we do and why. Michael to revise the website

Possibly this can be a subject for a member survey (no specific actions agreed about this)  – eg to find out what things really motivate the members

NEWSLETTER & FACEBOOK

Aim is to move to a web driven newsletter.

Next step is for Peter to familiarise himself (with Michael) with how it would work. To be done be the october

Betty is to be included in the process.

Also we want to make it easy to post our things on facebook and LIKE them

CONTACTS LIST / INVITING NON MEMBERS

Michael to create a contacts list on the website. The intent of this list is for us to capture contact info  – to build up a base of people we can invite to our events. Each event organiser can ask other people who might be interested.

SPEAKERS

Members and friends to have an opportunity to give talks to the club. (Rowan has sent out an email)

NEXT MEETING

Early october. rowan to set a date that doesnt clash with other things. same bbq format.

CONTACTING MEMBERS WHO ARE DROPPING AWAY.

Rowan to approach active members and see who is interested in contacting who.

Comments are closed