Thank you to all those Club members who came along last Saturday morning to the Novotel for the 2016 Launch of the Illawarra Rotary Bowel Scan campaign. A very informative and humorous key note adress was given by Radiation Oncologist and Rotary Club of Wollongong member, Professor Andrew Miller.
While funny in it’s presentation, there is a serious message WE ALL need to heed.
Consider these facts :
- if detected early enough , Bowel Cancer is easy to find and easy to treat.
- there is slightly more incidence of Bowel Cancer in men than women.
- 14, 000 people are diagnosed with Bowel Cancer every year
- over 4000 people in Australia die from Bowel Cancer each year
- Remember, the test is an assessment NOT a diagnosis!
Bowel Scan Kits are being sold for only $15 at Pharmacies between Helensburgh and Kiama
Please encourage people you know to think about their bowels and purchase a Kit.