President’s Report week Ending April 1st 2016
I hope all Club members had a safe and enjoyable Easter Break.
I thought this week in my President’s report I’d pass onto you some key details that came out of the District 9675 President Elect Training day held in Early February attended by myself and your incoming President Peter Rixon.
Chaired by 2016-17 District Governor Stephen Humphries, Stephen talked about the District’s Strategic Plan and his personal goals and vision for the coming year.
In terms of the District’s Strategic Plan , they included:
- continuing to support and strengthen all Clubs
- focus on and increase our Humanitarian service
- enhance Rotary’s Public image and awareness-let’s tell people just how good Rotary is at both District and Club level
- make sure Rotary gets the credit it deserves .
When it came to Stephen’s vision for 2016-17, he wanted
- Club’s to get back to basics
- Club’s to have more ‘flexibility’ ( eg how often they meet)
- Club’s to increase their community service activity and where possible be much more visible in the community. Hopefully this will lead to more people joining Rotary
- Club’s to look at their membership. Yes , hopefully increase numbers , but also maintain and retain members
- Club’s to embrace young people
Stephen also encouraged all Clubs , that if they are looking to support a Global Project with Club cash , please talk to District first.
All in all . it was a very productive and informative day , especially for Peter ,as he gears up to be your President from July .
Looking forward to seeing you all on Friday .