Posts are an essential method of our Rotary Club communication. This post describes the steps to create a post directly from this site. An earlier post described how to post via an email. (Email a post)
- You need to be logged into the site
- You need to have editor rights.
- Once logged in you will see a black bar at the top of the page. Hover over “New” and select “Post” OR
- Hover over the word “Rotary” in the same bar and click “Dashboard” followed by “Post”
- Enter a title. Short but descriptive.
- From the right hand menu select a “Category”
- If you want to have an image showing on the post (recommended) , go to the bottom of the right hand side menu and select “set featured image”. Either
- Select an image that is already in the web site directory OR
- click the “upload image” tab and select a file on your device. (see How to upload media )
- Add Text and possibly more images to the detail section. You have formatting capability in this section. Click the “Add Media” button to add more images within this section.
- Finally, click the “Publish” button in the right hand side menu to save your work
- The post is now LIVE
- You can always edit your page if you choose too. To do this:
- Hover over “Rotary” in the top bar ans click “Dashboard.
- Click on the word “Post” in the left hand menu followed by the sub menu item “all Posts”
- Hover over the title of your post and click “edit”
- When editing is complete click the “Update” button on the right hand side menu to save your changes